46. The word ‘prodigal’, used in the passage, means :
47. Which instinct in us makes us deny our past and march towards the future?
Direction (Q. No. 48 to 51): Read the poem given below and answer the questions that follow by selecting the most appropriate option. A flock of sheep that leisurely pass by One after one; the sound of rain, and bees Murmuring; the fall of rivers, winds and seas, Smooth fields, white sheets of water, and pure skyI’ve thought of all by turns, and still I lie Sleepless; and soon the small birds’ melodies Must hear, first utter’d from my orchard trees, And the first cuckoo’s melancholy cry. Even thus last night, and two nights more I lay, And could not win thee, Sleep, by any stealth: So do not let me wear to-night away, Without thee what is all the morning’s wealth? Come, blessed barrier between day and day, Dear mother of fresh thoughts and joyous health!
48. What time of the day it is when the poet composes these lines?
49. ‘stealth’ in this poem means :
50. Who is the mother of fresh thought and joyous health?
51. State the most prominent figure of speech used in this poem :
Direction (Q. No. 52) : Choose the most appropriate antonym of the words underlined in the following sentence from the given options :
52. Who would want to remonstrate and argue with them?
Direction (Q. No. 53) : Substitute the following sentence with the appropriate word given in the option.
53. Incapable of being corrected :
Direction (Q. No. 54) : Select the most suitable conjunction to fill in the blank.
54. doing the cooking, I look after the children:
(A) In addition
Direction (Q. No. 55) : Select the correct conversion of the following direct sentence into indirect.
55. “What do you mean”, asked the man :
(A) The man asked me what I mean.
(B) I was asked by the man what I meant.
(C) The man asked what I mean.
(D) The man asked me what I meant.
Direction (Q. No. 56): Change the given Active sentences into Passive.
56. The cup contains tea :
(A) Tea is contained in this cup.
(B) Tea is contained by this cup
(C) Tea contains in this cup.ch
(D) Tea is contained into the cup.
Direction (Q. No. 57) : Choose the most suitable option that describes the meaning of the underlined idioms/phrases:
57. She gave a point-blank refusal to his proposal :
(B) Frank and polite
(D) Clear and direct
Direction (Q. No. 58) : Identify the figure of speech used in the given sentence.
58. Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thoughts :
59. The first important step in teaching is :
(A) Planning of the presentation of topic or subject
(B) Preparing effective teaching aids
(C) Knowing the educational background of the students
(D) Organizing the material to be taught
60. Arrange the following to make a meaningful sentence. its best is simply science the common sense at
(A) Science is the common sense simply at its best.
(B) Science is simply the common sense at its best.
(C) The common sense at its best is simply science.
(D) Science at its best is simply the common sense.