Direction : Read the passage given below and answer the Question Nos. 76 and 77 given below. each question is followed by four answers only me of which is correct. You have to choose that correct answer.
To forgive an injury is often considered to be a nion of weakness ; it is really a sign of strength. It is easy to allow oneself to be carried away by resentment and hate into an act of vengeance but it takes a strong character to restrain those natural passions. The man who forgives an injury proves himself to be superior of the man who wronged him, and puts the wrong-doer to shame. Forgiveness may even turn a foe into a friend. So mercy is the noblest form of revenge.
76. The word strength is a
(1) Abstract noun
(2) Collective noun
(3) Common noun
(4) Material noun
77. One who does not take revenge is
(1) a foolish man
(2) a foe
(3) a weak man
(4) a strong man
Direction: Read the following poem and answer the questions set below it. (Question Nos. 78 and 79)
She dwelt among the untrodden ways
Beside the spring of Dove ;
A maid whom there were none to praise
And very few to love.
A violet by mossy stone
Half-hidden from the eye !
Fair as star when only one
is shining in the sky
78. What is the meaning of the word ‘untrodden’ ?
79. Identify the correct figure of speech used in the second stanza.
80. Which of the following sentence/ sentences is/are correct ?
(A) There is few hope of his recovery.
(B) He showed few concern for his nephew.
(C) He showed little mercy to the vanquished.
(1) (A), (B) and (C)
(2) None of the above
(3) Only (A)
(4) Only (C)
81. Point out the sentence which is in past perfect tense.
(1) We were listening to the radio all evening.
(2) It was getting darker.
(3) He studied many hours everyday.
(4) I had written my letter before he arrived.
82. Fill in the blanks with the correct article :
Neil Armstrong was ______ first man to walk on ______ moon.
(1) the, the
(2) an, a
(3) a, the
(4) an, the
83. Fill in the blank in the following sentence :
The teacher has been teaching for ______ hour.
84. Add the right suffix to pluralize the word
85. Change the word ‘grow’ into a noun by adding one of the suffixes given below.
(1) – s
(2) – n
(3) – ing
(4) – th
86. Which of the following alternatives is grammatically correct ?
(1) All these man are gentle.
(2) All these mans are gentle.
(3) All these men are gentle.
(4) All this men are gentle.
87. Fill in the blank with appropriate preposition :
He came to me _______ midnight.
88. Which of the following sentence does not have an adjective clause ?
(1) I met him where he lived.
(2) I met him in Prayagraj which is a holy city.
(3) The man who is truthful is loved by all.
(4) I love the man who is truthful.
89. Fill in the blank with correct preposition :
He is junior ______ me.
90. Fill in the blank with correct conjunction :
Either he is mad _______ he feigns madness.