Directions Answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate options.
Q76. Which one of the following is not a poetic device?
Q77. A class VII student makes mistakes in spelling. As a teacher would you
(1) ignore the mistakes?
(2) show him his mistakes and ask him to repronounce them?
(3) allow the student to use a mobile dictionary?
(4) ask the student to repronounce the word?
Q78. The idea of comprehensible input’ was first used by
(1) NS Prabhu
(2) Stephen Karashen
Q79. If a teacher wants to develop the understanding of a text among her class students, what will be the best method?
(1) Asking students to pay attention to the classroom
(2) Making students to tick the answer in the textbook
(3) Asking questions
(4) Writing answers on the blackboard
Q80. A teacher found an advertisement pamphlet for sale of biscuits. She uses it for reading and speaking activities in her class. What do you call the pamphlet?
(1) Newspaper clipping
(2) Extra materials
(4) An authentic text
Q81. The Communicative Approach to teaching of language is related to
(1) honing the abilities of listening, speaking, reading, writing and meaning-making
(2) narrating the grammatical principles according to the needs of the audience
(3) teaching of grammar through principles of language and dictation
(4) teaching of language for written test
Q82. While reading a text, which one among the following can help students understand the relations between the parts of a sentence?
Q83. What is the status of English in India?
(1) a foreign language
(2) a regional language
(3) an associate official language
(4) the official language
Q84. Observation on a student’s special academic ability includes
(1) gives unexpected and illogical answers
(2) accepts others’ abilities and skills
(3) pays more attention to the areas of his/her interests
(4) has a proper physical stature
Q85. A Phoneme is
(1) a vowel sound
(2) a dipthong
(3) a single unit of sound
(4) a single unit of a word
Q86. Which of the following is not a prescribed level of teaching?
Q87. A task-based language learning is
(1) a physical activity
(2) a piece of work which involves engagement with language
(3) a piece of assignment
(4) an activity for reading
Q88. What are the other skills of language apart from listening, speaking, reading and writing?(1) Thinking and Reasoning
(2) Grammar and Principles
(3) Creativity and Imagination
(4) Learning and Memorization
Q89. Which of the following considers words and word chunks as basis for language learning? (1) Dictionary approach
(2) Grammar translation method
(3) Word approach
(4) Lexical approach
Q90. A non-fictional text is classified and organized through
(1) Story and Plot
(2) Central theme and Meanings
(3) Synonyms and Antonyms
(4) Simile and Rhetoric