परीक्षा (Exam) – UPTET (UttarPradesh Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper I (Classes I to V)
भाग (Part) – Part – III – English Language
परीक्षा आयोजक (Organized) – UPBEB
कुल प्रश्न (Number of Question) – 30
परीक्षा तिथि (Exam Date) – 2011
Direction : Answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate option.
Q61. English Language Skilled reading is
Q62. Of the following, which one is most important prerequisite for language learning whether first or second?
(1) Skills-based instruction
(2) A structural-situational approach
(3) A multilingual approach
(4) An input-rich communicational environment
Q63. A Hindi speaking teacher gets posted in a primary school which is situated in a remote area of Rajasthan. Since she doesn’t know the local language, she faces lots of problems. She should
(1) focus on the textbook as a source of standard Hindi.
(2) try to get a posting to a Hindi-Speaking area.
(3) use the child’s language as resource while teaching
(4) encourage the community to learn standard Hindi.
Q64. While teaching children to read, at which point should the teacher focus on comprehension?
(1) After children have learned how to decode
(2) When children reach class II
(3) Right from the beginning
(4) Once children have mastered phonics
Q65. Here is a list of tasks commonly included in a language classroom. Which of these sees children as active learners?
(1) Children carefully memories correct answers to questions on a poem.
(2) Children work in groups to generate interpret nations of a poem.
(3) Children write answer to questions given at the end of a poem.
(4) Children carefully note down answer from the blackboard.
Q66. The assessment of students writing should most importantly focus on
(1) using idioms and metaphors.
(2) keeping to the word limit
(3) correct spelling and grammar
(4) expressions and ideas.
Q67. Children’s oral language development forms an important foundation for learning literacy. Which of the following classroom practices enables oral language development?
(1) Chorus reading of a story in the textbook along with the teacher
(2) Memorizing and reciting poems individually or in a chorus
(3) Practicing the correct pronunciation of words in
(4) Participating in role-plays on favorite stories
Q68. A teacher of class III realizes that vocabulary development is an important factor in enabling students to become better readers. Of the following, which might be a good strategy for vocabulary development?
(1) Students learn to use the context to guess t he meaning of new words.
(2) Students underline difficult words from a text and make sentences with them.
(3) Students memories extensive word -lists of synonyms and antonyms.
(4) Students consult a dictionary whenever they come across a new word.
Q69. Mrs. Sinha asks prediction questions as she reads aloud a story to her class III students. She does this to
(1) make the story interesting.
(2) improve students vocabulary.
(3) focus on comprehension.
(4) help students remember important details in the story.
Q70. Before students start reading a story titled, “Brave Bitto’, the teacher initiates a discussion with them on ‘Bravery’. What is the teacher trying to achieve through this activity?
(1) Activate the intellectual stance of students.
(2) Activate the previous knowledge of students.
(3) Activate enthusiasm in students.
(4) Activate the efferent stance in students.
Q71. Which one of the following would be the best evidence to demonstrate to parents and administrators what students can do with language?
(1) Lists of course goals and objectives
(2) National curriculum and syllabic
(3) Marks in a test.
(4) Poems or paragraphs written by students
Q72. If a student is making pronunciation errors, the best way to help him/her is to
(1) call his/her parents and complain
(2) Provide him/her with correct pronunciation without any humiliation.
(3) scold him/her in class for incorrect pronunciation.
(4) mock at him/her in class for incorrect pronunciation.
Q73. Scribbling is a stage of
Q74. A primary teacher should introduce reading through
(1) picture books
(3) alphabet books only
(4) phonic teaching
Q75. Choose the correct spelling.